Evolutionary Computation for Combinatorial Optimisation (ECCO) Group is a sub-group under the Evolutionary Computation Research Group in Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. The group has a wide range of research interests and projects in solving combinatorial optimisation problems using evolutionary computation, including evolutionary vehicle/arc routing, job shop scheduling, cloud resource allocation, Web service composition.
- Dr. Yi Mei (Coordinator): Evolutionary Combinatorial Optimisation, Hyper-heuristics, Genetic Programming, Dynamic Optimisation, Large-Scale Optimisation
- Prof. Mengjie Zhang: Evolutionary Computation and Machine Learning, Genetic Programming, Image Processing, Feature Selection
- Dr. Aaron Chen: Reinforcement Learning, NeuroEvolution (NEAT), Evolutionary Computation for Games, Evolutionary Scheduling
- Dr. Hui Ma: Evolutionary Resource Allocation, Web Service Composition, Cloud Computing
- Alexandre Sawczuk da Silva: Evolutionary Web Service Composition and Combinatorial Optimisation
- Dr. Su Nguyen (Australia): Evolutionary Scheduling and Combinatorial Optimisation, Hyper-heuristics, Genetic Programming
- Mahdi Abdollahi
- Mazhar Anzari Ardeh
- Harry He
- Victoria Huang
- Deepak Karunakaran
- Atiya Masood
- John Park
- Yiming Peng
- Soheila Sadeghiram
- Tao Shi
- Boxiong Tan
- Chen Wang
- Fangfang Zhang
- 2018/12/04, Jordan MacLaclan, practice on the AI paper presentation.
- 2018/11/27, Mahdi Abdollahi, practice on PhD proposal presentation: text classification in medical domain.
- 2018/11/20, Mazhar Anzari Ardeh, transfer learning in GPHH for UCARP.
- 2018/11/14, Mahdi Abdollahi, discussions on PhD proposal: text classification in medical domain.
- 2018/11/07, Victoria Huang, solving scheduling problems with reinforcement learning.
- 2018/10/30, Aaron Chen, introduction on reinforcement learning.
- 2018/10/23, Yi Mei, introduction on "combinatorial optimisation and how to solve it": part 2.
- 2018/10/16, Yi Mei, introduction on "combinatorial optimisation and how to solve it": part 1.
- 2018/10/09, Tao Shi, practice on Australasian AI 2018 presentation.
- 2018/10/02, Fangfang Zhang, practice on the PhD proposal seminar.
- 2018/09/25, Mahdi Abdollahi, practice on Australasian AI 2018 presentation.
- 2018/09/18, Chen Wang, practice on Australasian AI 2018 presentation.
- 2018/09/11, John Park, practice on Australasian AI 2018 presentation.
- 2018/09/04, Fangfang Zhang, practice on Australasian AI 2018 presentation.
- 2018/08/28, Boxiong Tan, practice on Australasian AI 2018 presentation.
- 2018/08/21, Whole group, watch video and discussion: "how to publish your research" by Xin Yao.
- 2018/08/14, Binzi Xu, optimising energy consumption in real-world manufacturing scheduling.
- 2018/08/07, Soheila Sadeghiram, practice on PhD proposal seminar.
- 2018/07/31, John Park, multi-task learning of dispatching rules in job shop scheduling.
- 2018/07/24, Yi Mei, experience in IEEE WCCI 2018 and ACM GECCO 2018.
- 2018/07/17, Mazhar Anzari Ardeh, ICA.
- 2018/07/10, Boxiong Tan, Recent work.
- 2018/07/03, Victoria Huang, learning scheduling policy in SDN using reinforcement learning.
- 2018/06/26, Fangfang Zhang, multi-tree genetic programming for dynamic flexible job shop scheduling.
- 2018/06/19, Chen Wang, EDA for semantic-aware Web service composition.
- 2018/06/12, Soheila Sadeghiram, objectives for PhD proposal: part 2.
- 2018/06/05, Soheila Sadeghiram, objectives for PhD proposal: part 1.
- 2018/05/29, Mahdi Abdollahi, brief review on text classification.
- 2018/05/22, Yiming Peng, reinforcement learning for TSP.
- 2018/05/15, Yiming Peng, evolutionary strategies: Part 2. Slides available here.
- 2018/05/08, Prof Juergen Branke, Seminar: evolutionary scheduling in dynamic environment.
- 2018/05/01, Whole group, Prof Juergen Branke's visit: general discussions.
- 2018/04/24, Yiming Peng, evolutionary strategies: Part 1. Slides available here.
- 2018/04/17, Boxiong Tan, literature management using mind map and SQL.
- 2018/04/10, John Park, recent work on job shop scheduling.
- 2018/03/27, Boxiong Tan, organisation of literature review.
- 2018/03/20, Alexandre Sawczuk da Silva, structure of his PhD thesis.
- 2018/03/13, Chen Wang, variational inference in autoencoder.
- 2018/03/06, Soheila Sadeghiram, neural network and fuzzy system for text classification.
- 2018/01/16, Mahdi Abdollahi, introduction to Imperialist Competitive Algorithm (ICA), based on this CEC2007 paper.
- 2017/11/07, Whole group, discussions based on the video: "What Can Evolutionary Computation Do For You" by Xin Yao
- 2017/10/31, Boxiong Tan, PhD proposal seminar practice 2: "Evolutionary computation for container-based resource allocation"
- 2017/10/24, Boxiong Tan, PhD proposal seminar practice 1: "Evolutionary computation for container-based resource allocation"
- 2017/10/17, Whole group, Watch video: "What Can Evolutionary Computation Do For You" by Xin Yao
- 2017/10/10, Whole group, Practice on "how to read a paper" -- reading "Stochastic Ranking for Constrained Evolutionary Optimization"
- 2017/10/03, Whole group, Discussion on "how to read a paper", part II
- 2017/09/26, Whole group, Discussion on "how to read a paper", part I
- 2017/09/19, Yuxin Liu, Discussion on "An Evoluationary Approach to the Multidepot Capacitated Arc Routing Problems", [PPT]
- 2017/09/12, Atiya Masood, Reference point adaptation during many-objective optimisation (Part 1)
Victoria University of Wellington,
E-mail: yi.mei AT ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Phone: +64 4 463 5233 x 8016