Welcome to Hui Ma's Home Page
| ||Associate Professor |
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Phone: 04 4635657 (Work)
Office: CO 259, Cotton Building (All Blocks),
Gate 7, Kelburn Parade, Wellington, New Zealand
Hui Ma is an Associate Professor in Software Engineering at School of Engineering and Computer Science, Victoria University of Wellington. She teaches on topics related to Software Engineering and Databases. She obtained a PhD in Information Systems from Massey University in 2008 Hui's main research interests include conceptual modelling, distributed databases, service composition, service deployment and resource allocation for services. She has published over 100 fully refereed articles in internationally recognised journals and conferences, and has contributed several chapters to published books. Her research has been funded through several competitive grants, including Marsden grant from New Zealand Royal Society. She has been served as PC chairs for several international conferences, including DEXA2016, APCCM 2017, ER2017, APCCM2018 and DEXA2018. She has served at local Co-chair of two international conferences (AI2018 and CEC2019) in the area of evolutionary computation and artificial intelligence
Hui is the leader of the AI-SCC research group
. We have collaborations with industry and are passion to apply our research output to real world problem.
- Application deployment in mulit-cloud
- Data-intensive service composition
- Workflow scheduling in cloud computing
- Energy-aware resource allocation in container-based cloud
Students with good GPA and publications can apply for the following scholarships:
- PhD Admission and Scholarships Applications (Closing dates: 1 March, 1 July, 1 November Every Year)
- VUW and China Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD Scholarship: (For Chinese Students Only) (Closing date: 1 Feb, 1 November Every year)
- Successful students will get 48 months of stipend from China Scholarship Council and 48 months of tuition fees covered by VUW.
- An overview and process can be seen from Program Overview.
- Please explicity state on the form that you are applying 'VUW-China Scholarship Council Scholarship'