My main research areas are
- Text Classification and Clustering
- Data Mining and Web Mining
- Evolutionary Computation
My publications are here.
Here is a list of research projects for Honours/MCompSci students. The project reports of my previous research students, Minh doc Cao, Le Phong Bao vuong, Weijun Lou, Daniel Crabtree, Richard Collins, Yi Su Xu, can be found here.
- Kosisochukwu Madukwe: Hate speech detection. PhD Thesis. 1 May 2019.
- Trevor Londt: Evolutionary Computation and Deep Neural Networks for Text Mining. PhD Thesis. 1 March 2019. Victoria Master Scholarship.
- Mahdi Abdollahi: Evolutionary Text Mining and Feature Selection, PhD Thesis. 1 Nov 2017. Victoria Doctoral Scholarship.
- Daniel Crabtree, Ph.D, Improving Web search, cosupervise with Dr. Peter Andreae.
- Le Phong Bao Vuong, MCompSci, Applying clustering to Web data extraction.
I am Program Committee Member for the following conferences: AI 2010, PRICAI 2010, WI 2008, PRICAI 2008, PAKDD 2007, WI 2006 (session chair), PRICAI 2006 (session chair), AI 2006, AMT 2006 (session chair), ISA 2006, WI2005, ISA2005, AMT2005 , PRICAI2004, AWDM2004, PRIIA2000.
I am teaching the following courses: