I am a teaching fellow school of Engineering and Computer Science
at Victoria University of Wellington. My research interests are primarily in
scientific visualisation and computer science education. I am a member
of both the human-computer interaction and programming languages research
I am currently working on projects involving morphometrics for snails,
tools to assist in aptamer research, and a visualisation system for student
data which is currently in use by the school. I also have been working on
projects looking at classical Attica, visualisation tools for astronomers,
automating a mass spectrometry pipeline, and graph layout.
Most of my projects are available open source on my
GitHub. These cover a range of
languages and topics, including graph analysis, GPU based graph layout,
genetic programming, and New Zealand Law LaTeX styling.
- Roman Klapaukh, David J. Pearce, and Stuart Marshall:
Comparing Graph Layouts for Vertex Selection Tasks.
Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction 2015
- Katie S. Collins, Roman Klapaukh, Michael F. Gazley, and C. Ian Schipper:
How to Hug a Snail: 3D Morphometrics of Gastropods Using Artificial Intelligence.
GeoSciences NZ 2015
- James Kierstead and Roman Klapaukh:
The Distribution of Wealthy Athenians in the Attic Demes.
A.G. Leventis Conference 2015
- Pragya Mohan, Chris Hawkins, Roman Klapaukh, and Melanie Johnston-Hollitt:
Three Tools to Aid Visualisation of FITS Files for Astronomy.
Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems 2015
- Roman Klapaukh and Michael Homer:
Simple Rules For Identifying Students On The Edge.
IEEE International Conference on Teaching, Assessment, and Learning for Engineering 2014
- Roman Klapaukh, David J Pearce, Stuart Marshall:
Towards a Vertex and Edge Label Aware Force Directed Layout Algorithm.
Australasian Computer Science Conference 2014
- Roman Klapaukh, Will N. Browne, Mengjie Zhang:
The effect of primitive sets on the expression of evolved images.
IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2013
- Daniel L. Atkins, Roman Klapaukh, Will N. Browne, Mengjie Zhang:
Evolution of aesthetically pleasing images without human-in-the-loop.
IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2010